The Bar Human Rights Committee relies on membership subscriptions and individual donations to fund our ongoing work around the world.
Why your support matters
BHRC’s core operational costs are covered by a grant from the Bar Council. This means that every penny of additional income directly funds our project work, enabling us to send BHRC lawyers wherever they’re most needed. Your support is vital to the growth of BHRC, and our ongoing work to protect advocates, judges, human rights defenders and vulnerable communities around the world.
Your support enables us to:
- Produce statements, letters of concern and amicus curiae briefs in support of people facing unfair trials and imprisonment
- Send our Trial Observation Unit to witness and monitor unjust or unfair trials wherever they occur
- Provide international training, support and leadership to lawyers, human rights defenders and civil society groups under threat
- Lead investigations and publish detailed reports into serious human rights abuses
- Lobby governments and other state actors to improve fair trial protections and legal standards
How you can help
If you don’t want to commit to an annual membership of the Bar Human Rights Committee, then you can donate any amount to us via PayPal using the button below (you don’t need a PayPal account: you can use any major debit or credit card, with PayPal merely processing your donation).
Donations of any amount have an immediate and meaningful impact on our ability to support lawyers and human rights defenders under threat and improve global human rights protections.
Donations in kind
The Bar Human Rights Committee relies on the pro bono efforts of its members to deliver its work. Any offers of in-kind assistance, whether pro bono hours, professional expertise, logistical and technical support, or the use of meeting rooms and event spaces would be gratefully appreciated. To discuss supporting our work, please email email@example.com.